This plan is specific to children and adolescents that are struggling with weight issues. Obesity in children and adolescents worldwide is over 13.7 million. Over 18% of these children are aged between 6 and 11 years of age. The prevalence of obesity decreased with increasing levels of education within the household.
Children that are obese or overweight are more likely to suffer with anxiety and depression, low self esteem and can encounter social problems such as bullying.
Obesity can be very harmful to our children as it increases blood pressure with more and more children presenting with high cholesterol levels from a very young age.
Overweight and obesity can lead to diabetes, breathing problems such as asthma, joint and musculoskeletal discomfort.
On completion of the Lifestyle questionnaire you will receive on behalf of your child or children
- A simple meal plan including tasty breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas
- Snacks that are suitable for your children, that are low in sugar & fat (but promised to be tasty)
- Recipes that you will enjoy preparing with your child
- Education charts on portion control with simple tips on how to reduce portions without hunger
- Colour coded chart on how to read labels in the supermarkets, to prevent buying high sugar and high fat foods (downloaded to your phone for convenience)
- Advice on how to introduce healthy eating to your child without creating stigma
- Advice on getting your child active