Per 430g serving (%RI):
Energy – 554 kcal (28%)
Fat – 18g (26%)
of which saturates – 7.1g (36%)
Carbohydrate – 28g (11%)
of which sugars – 13g (14%)
Fibre – 5.6g (22%)
Protein – 66g (132%)
Salt – 0.96g (16%)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium turnip
- 2 large carrots
- 1.2kg lean slow cooking beef
- 1 level teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons of buckwheat or all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds (whole or ground)
- 1 tablespoon of mustard powder
- 1 pack of Lloyd Grossman No Added Sugar Tomato & Chilli Pasta Sauce
- Chop and place all the veg and onions on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rub flour on the beef.
- Mix the herbs and the sauce together and pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Leave it cook on slow for 8 hours or on high for 1 hour.